22.8 C
Pretoria
Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Investigations

Mail and Telegraph Investigations

By Tinomutenda Midzi Glen View South MDC Alliance legislator Vimbai Tsvangirai-Java has cleared the air on corruption allegations that has been dogging her for more than five years  through media reports. In 2011, Harare City Council allegedly awarded a water treatment contract multi-million dollar water purification project to Tsvangirai and her...
Staff Reporter ZVIMBA- Acting headman Ranganayi Raphael Nyamangara of Zvimba looks dejected and frustrated as he accuses Government for allowing two Chinese investors to extract chrome deposits near the Great Dyke, about 80 kilometres north-west of Harare. Two Chinese companies namely Decolux and San He Mining entered into partnership with Zim-Alloys...
Despite Zimbabwean Government’s slow moving wheels to gazette the new Consumer Protection Act, the provisions of Consumer Protection Bill of 2014 states that consumers have a right to safe and good quality goods. Although it seemed public knowledge that consumer health should be a priority to every manufacturer or distributors...
This article is an on-going investigation into the massive rot at the power utility company by the Mail and Telegraph. Harare - A storm is brewing at the scandal ridden Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA), amid reports power utility company fraudulently altered board meeting minutes and even recorded fake board...
Staff Reporter CFI Holdings is allegedly  making huge profits through fleecing  home-seekers in Harare South’s Saturday Retreat residential area (popularly known as Ushewekunze), the Mail and Telegraph has learnt. The company is reportedly charging unjustified “penalties” for late payments on residents in complete negation of an agreement that was reached between...
  Staff writer THE main opposition MDC Alliance has expressed displeasure at the appointment of President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s relative, Kudakwashe David Mnangagwa, to the National Building Society (NBS) board, describing the move as nepotism. The Mail and Telegraph investigations unit carried out its own investigation as well as did due diligence to...
The mysterious murder of a city woman Samantha Hlahla at her lodgings at Trocadero Court in the Avenues was talk of the town recently with suggestions of a serial killer on the loose been submitted. However, it has turned out the suspected killers are two Epworth teenagers who allegedly drugged...
Harare - A health fund established to meet the medical expenses of inmates has for the fifth year running been misused by Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Service (ZPCS) staff to pay for their own medical expenses, the Mail and Telegraph has learnt. The revelations were made in a damning expose of the...
Harare - A series of recordings, letters and documents seen by the Mail & Telegraph appears to absolve charismatic preacher, Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa of any wrong doing or involvement in a sensational kidnapping and abuse case reported widely earlier today. A report, carried by public owned but state operated newspaper the...
Elias Mambo Finance minister Mthuli Ncube is pushing to review parliamentary sitting allowances, among a cocktail of proposals, aimed at cutting down the government employment costs, the Mail and Telegraph has learnt.   Zimbabwe gobbles close to 92% of its income through civil service wage bill leaving a paltry 8% for infrastructure...
error: Copying content is strictly prohibited and will result in a DMCA complaint and report to monetisation platforms like Google, ContentAd